"Monday Runway - Christian Siriano . . . "


Greetings,

You'll have to indulge me for a day or so here . . . what with Fashion Week in full swing in New York for the next few days - I'm feeling like I can't keep holding off postings until our usual Sundays.  So, it's Monday.  And it's still about fashion.

Now, I'm not anything close to what might be considered a reality television fan.  In fact, I kind of despise it.  There's more than enough un-spupervised actual drama in my day-to-day life . . . thus I've never felt the need to import producer-created drama from the TV.

But . . . somehow . . . I have the most vivid memories of watching Christian Siriano when he was on Project Runway all those years ago.  He was a talent that practically FORCED me not to surf past another Bravo reality show.  I probably only saw the last few episodes of the season - but, he was clearly a force of nature!

That brings up to this weekend.  Though I've seen a few of his designs on the red carpet over the past few years - I'm not sure that I've ever really stopped to consider him as one of the new American designers.  Until I saw his runway show from last week.

This is some good stuff.  Chic.  Stylish.  Theatrical - but, still thoughtful.  And with a very specific point of view.   The guy has a clear future.

Here are a few of my favourites from the show . . .






I'm DYING to know what this is made out of!  It looks like a liquid-metal ball gown! 
Thoughts?

Cheers,
Scot

Comments

I totally agree with you Scot...please update when you find out what fabric that last dress is. Such a great look...
Anonymous said…
Scot, you are a breath of fresh air! I am totally enjoying the education!

Popular Posts