"Prepared to Launch . . . "

Crystal Gentilello, Anne Sage, Caitlin Flemming, and Alaina Kaczmarski
of Rue Magazine

Greetings,

For those of you who thought maybe you'd missed something - yes - I was in New York for about 26 hours the first of this week.  I had a quick client meeting Monday morning . . . and then the great pleasure of attending the launch party for the premier issue of Rue Magazine later that evening.

But, let's start at the very beginning . . . 


After landing Monday morning from the red-eye - and after a quick meeting - I was fortunate to run into Jonathan Legate whilst shopping my way down Madison Ave.  We'd planned to connect later in the day - but, realized we were just 6 blocks apart - so ended up window shopping together for most of the afternoon.



Then Jonathan and I met up with Maybelline Te for a quick drink at Campbell Apartment in Grand Central Station.  



Such an amazing location.




Jonathan and me, waiting for the subway.






And then, there was the party.

Seriously.




It was like being dropped into the middle of social media heaven.  There was such an amazing energy in the room.  Bloggers and designers from around the country.  And endless conversations beginning with "it feels like I've already met you!"  



Eddie Ross, with Crystal Gentilello (Rue's Editor in Chief), and Anne Sage (Rue's Executive Editor)




Vicente Wolf with Crystal
(Vicente has a wonderful profile in Rue's first issue)



And more shots of the crowd. 





And then - after a busy day - and despite several invitations to dinner - I finally admitted exhaustion.
and quiet stroll back up Lexington to my hotel - and I was planted in the comfy bed within 13 minutes of getting to my room.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . .  





With one other meeting Tuesday morning - and then a quick trip around Central Park - then off to the airport.  


Just another of tartanscot's 'adventures,'
tartanscot

(images pulled from Coco+Kelly, Design Calendar, and from my own Canon camera)

Comments

Wow -- great post! If I'd been holding a glass of pinot while reading, I could have almost imagined being there! Thanks!
Karena said…
Scot, what a dream event. I see all of the A team attended and such a fabulous launch for RUE!!

Karena
Art by Karena
Anne @ Rue said…
Scot---it was SO good to see you on Monday and SUCH an honor to have you at the launch. We can't wait to spend more quality time with you and your skull pants soon! (wink!)

xo
anne and the rue gals
Such great pix and what a fun party indeed! Loved seeing you!

xo,
cristin
Crystal @ Rue said…
Scot! Seeing you in NYC was one of the highlights of the trip. Thanks so much for all your support of Rue! See you soon! xo, Crystal
Okay you Rue girls - you're REALLY starting to make me blush here.

I was just so delighted to see y'all again - and SO proud of everything you're accomplishing.

Cheers,
Scot
Anonymous said…
Lovely pictures! Seems like it was a blast! xoxo
@Cristin - what a great surprise it was to see YOU in New York. And a great pleasure as well.

Hope you're traveling adventures weren't as delayed as mine were . . . whew . . . that was a LONG flight home in the rain.

Until I see you again - Cheers!
Scot
Apt. #34 said…
so bummed i missed the opportunity to chat with you at the Rue party, but am loving your blog!
Bruce Barone said…
Looks like soooooo much fun!

Great post.
@Apt #34 - Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet properly - but, I LOVED your dress. excellent!

cheers,
Scot
Unknown said…
Of course I would be flipping my hair in the picture I'm in! Thanks for the lovely recap — such a fun night!
Mrs. Blandings said…
No one works harder, plays better and sleeps faster than you do. I envy it so much. Looks like a great trip.
Fabulous trip -- and the party images, my my what a grand time.
Bigio said…
So cool! What a great post!!!


www.thrbigiofactor.blogspot.com

Popular Posts